Microcement for exteriors from the Extreme range by Cementec
CEMENTEC’s EXTREME range of exterior microcement is a type of decorative coating that is easy and simple to apply. Through it, you can achieve real changes in the appearance of your home, without the need for building work or generating dust and debris. One of the main characteristics of CEMENTEC’s ready-to-use microcement is that it is a multi-surface product. What does this mean? Well, it can be used on any type of surface or support.
However, one of the varieties of this range, HIGH TRANSIT, requires a specific and resistant support for its application. Such as stoneware, marble, terrazzo or cementitious floors with high compressive strength. At least 35 newtons per square metre. In addition, a perfect anchorage is required.
Characteristics and specifications of the exterior microcement products in the EXTREME range by CEMENTEC
It seems interesting to first consider each and every one of the products designed and intended to cover the cladding needs associated with microcement for exteriors. For all these reasons, CEMENTEC’s EXTREME range offers two different versions, which are described below:
- EXTREME by CEMENTEC HIGH TRANSIT: It is a product capable of withstanding high pedestrian traffic, as well as the weight of light hand machinery. Able to simulate the visual appearance of terrazzo, it is a product of maximum surface hardness and scratch resistant. Applicable in interiors, although its strength lies in external areas due to its resistance to water and chemical agents. It is advisable to combine it with the final protective finish FINISH FORTE PLUS. It requires a surface or support base in good conditions to proceed with its application. Likewise, it must be anchored and must not have any particles that have flaked off the surface.
- EXTREME by CEMENTEC MICROTERRAZO: Total performance of a continuous coating with the appearance of terrazzo, available in different colours. With its surface hardness, it is ideal for areas with moderate pedestrian traffic. It is recommended to have the substrate prepared and adapted, just where this system is going to be applied.
Guide for the application of CEMENTEC’s EXTREME range of microcement products for exterior use.
In this guide we will tell you everything you need to know about the products, materials, equipment and tools necessary for the correct application of the products in the EXTREME range.
In this case, we offer detailed and extended information about the HIGH TRANSIT system by CEMENTEC depending on the starting surface on which the ready-to-use microcement is to be applied.
CEMENTEC HIGH TRANSIT EXTREME on a cementitious surface
What tools will you need to prepare and apply the ready-to-use microcement?
- 3 microfibre rollers of 22 centimetres.
- 24×10 trowel and large 50×13 centimetre trowel.
- Measuring jug.
- 6-10 centimetre spatula.
- Orbital sander with 40 and 80 sheets of sandpaper.
- Broom, dustpan and hoover.
- Mixer or drill with mixing rod.
- Corrugated cardboard, black plastic and masking tape to protect areas that are not to be coated.
What protective equipment do you need?
- Dust mask.
- Protective gloves.
- Protective cap.
- Knee pads.
- Suitable and comfortable footwear.
- Comfortable and clean clothes.
What CEMENTEC products will we use if we choose the EXTREME range of CEMENTEC HIGH TRANSIT?
- Fibre mesh.
- Microcemento High Transit base.
- Microcemento High Transit fine.
- Finish Forte Plus.